From how-to videos and product brochures to success stories and FAQs, here’s everything you need to know about Berger building products.
Where can I buy Berger products?
Please contact Customer Care to find your local distributor.
What’s the warranty on Berger® gutters?
Berger Building Products warrants to the original consumer purchaser all materials to be free from defects in material and workmanship at time of purchase. Warranty applies only if materials are installed and maintained according to Berger's recommended practices and installation instructions.
Can I paint my gutters?
- Both aluminum and steel gutters can be painted. The most important step is to be sure the gutter surface is properly prepared. Use a surface prep solution like Wil-Bond™ to assure proper paint adhesion.
- Consult your local painting professional for the right type of paint for your gutter system.
- Vinyl gutters should not be painted.
How do I keep my gutters clean?
- There are lots of easy-to-install options to keep leaves and debris out.
- Popular choices include strainers and plastic or metal gutter guards and covers.
What’s the difference between A & B elbows?
- A (front) elbows direct water forward or back from the gutter outlet.
- B (side) elbows direct water left or right from the gutter outlet.
Do I need caulk and how much?
- Aluminum gutters require SeamerMate® sealant on all seams. Typical usage is ½ oz. per seam.
- Vinyl gutter connections are self sealing; they don't require any additional sealant.
What’s the best way to hang gutter?
- There are many options. The best one for you depends on where you live and the construction style of your home. Consult an installation professional to determine the best option for you.
- The easiest option is to use a hidden hanger with screw. This is an all-in-one hanger that is easily installed, resists loosening over time, provides a hanging solution that is invisible from ground level and is easily maintained.
How do I cut aluminum gutters and downspouts?
A hacksaw or tin snips will work very well.
How many downspouts bands/brackets do I need?
Two for every 10' of downspouts.
How many downspouts do I need?
Recommend one downspout per 20' of gutter. Larger roof areas and/or heavy-rainfall areas may require more downspouts.
How much pitch is required for gutter runs?
Minimum slope of ¼" for every 10' of gutter.
Can I mix metals (aluminum, steel, and copper) in my gutter system?
Not recommended. Mixing metals can cause a "galvanic reaction" between the metals, leading to corrosion and premature component failure.
What is “K” Style?
- Most-common gutter profile; also called "Ogee."
- Half-round profile is also available.
What is stick gutter?
- Pre-formed gutter sections; typically sold in 10' lengths.
- May also be available in 16', 21' and longer lengths.
What are seamless gutters?
- Gutters formed at the jobsite from a continuous piece of metal, cut to the required length.
- Seamless gutter is the same profile as stick gutter.
What are eavestroughs and leaders?
Other names for gutters and downspouts.
How do I know what I need?
Visit the Resource Center for installation instructions and project specifications.
How often should I check my gutters?
You should check your gutters every Spring and Fall for clogs, leaks and gutter puling away from the house
Why do I need gutters?
- Gutters control roof runoff, protecting your home's foundation from erosion damage.
- Gutters prevent water damage to exterior walls and basements.
- Gutters add value to your home.